Senior Embedded Software Developer
Our test team is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Developer to join us!
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Secure Thingz working on multiple products related to our Embedded Trust solutions. We are looking for a flexible, ambitious and deadline focused team player to join us as a Senior Embedded Software Developer. This will specifically suit someone used to working at the “Bare Metal” level on Microcontroller devices with performance and memory restrictions, who also understands how kernels and low level operating system work.
You will be developing embedded software, porting software to new devices and developing and running unit test cases. You will be working with other development team members, the architecture team and silicon partners. This will require developing solutions which work on a range of devices, some of which have not yet been released to the market.
- Degree in a relevant area such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
- 5 or more years prior experience with embedded system software development.
- Excellent knowledge of low-level embedded C at a bare metal driver level.
- Experience in developing and optimising software which :
- drives low level I/O (UARTS, USB, SPI, I2C etc)
- Interacts with the boot operation / clocking systems of ARM / RX microcontrollers
- Configuring, programmes and protects both memory and bus structures.
- Interacts with the debug systems of a device.
- Experience of developing and porting software to different microcontrollers and optimise these to meet exacting memory and timing requirements.
- Experience of debugging low level software using debuggers and logic analyses.
- The ability to read the digital part of a PCB schematic and low level device data sheets to derive how software should work.
- The ability to communicate design concepts to peers, senior management and customers through design documents, user guides and application notes.
- Experience of embedded hardware automated testing
- Basic Understanding of Security (authenticity, encryption and symmetric Vs Asymmetric keys).
- Experience with CI Schedulers e.g. Jenkins & TeamCity
- Proficient in Python
- Experience in mentoring / developing more junior engineers.
- Experience of low-level assembly languages
- To have designed microcontroller-based hardware including schematic and PCB capture.
- You are highly productive and self-motivated
- You are committed to meeting deadlines
- You enjoy working in a small team
- Enjoy problem solving and investigative work to enable decisions to be based on objective evidence.
- You are prepared to productively challenge the norms.
Secure Thingz, part of IAR Systems since 2018, is the industry leader in providing security solutions for the IoT market. We helping our customers to prevent IP theft, counterfeiting and malware from the conception of a product.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Location: Trumpington, Cambridge, UK
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secure your future with Secure Thingz and apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.